Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend - Saturday Ride

Great weather forecast for the weekend. I set out this morning for the usual 50 mile Brands Ride, but it was too nice out! So I did a second loop out on the LIE for a total of 65 miles...a metric century. Should have brought more water! Anyway, I wanted the extra miles for training because next weekend I'm planning on doing SBRA's Bike-Boat-Bike ride. Most likely, I will attempt the 135 mile route, so that will be a DOUBLE metric century. I did it a couple of years ago with John Y. so I hope to hook up with John and maybe some of the Early Birds at the start.

Tomorrow should be a good riding day too! Was thinking of doing the BBB 100-mile pre-ride but I have a few other things planned for this weekend besides the bike, so I'll just save it for next weekend.

Monday, I'm planning for a day OFF the bike, which I haven't done since April 11th! Looking forward to spending the day with the family.

No comments: