Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend Rides

I ended my vacation with a solo ride on Friday, Aug 3rd, skipping the Friday Night race which was a 5-lap Time Trial.

For the past two weekends I've settled into the routine of Saturday morning Brands Ride and Sunday Morning Early Birds ride. Weather has been great and the rides have been fantastic. This past weekend we had a small turnout of six riders for the Brands ride but the group stayed together and we had one of our best rides yet, IMHO. Sunday, the Birds went south. Thirty-one riders and a fast pace (23 mph average at the 34-mile rest stop). Things broke up after that after a flat. About 1/2 of the group kept going. I waited and came in with the second group.

Next weekend I will probably do Brands on Saturday. Sunday will be a change of pace as I am signed up for the Tour of the Hamptons. One hundred miles from Southampton to Montauk and back.


Me finishing the 2006 Tour of the Hamptons.

No comments: