Sunday, May 06, 2007

Change of Plans Due to Rain

I headed out the door for the Early Bird ride this morning at 6:30am for a 7:30am ride start, but by the time I arrived in Manorville around 7:15am, I was in the middle of some significant rain. Temperature was also on the chilly side. I was not anticipating rain and didn't bring my vest or rain jacket. As I got off the LIE I swung right back around and headed back home, at least I could do a shorter ride and stay dry. I wasn't even sure if the EB's would be riding.

Turns out they did ride, though it turned out to be a wet one. Here is Pyzahl's report.

For me, I got home, changed into warmer clothes and did 20 miles around town, getting a good workout due to the high winds. Hopefully we will have good weather on Wednesday for the annual "Spring" century, a.k.a. the "Bratwurst". This is an unofficial ride with some of the SBRA group which sort of follows the Bike-Boat-Bike route scheduled later in the summer as an official club ride. I've done it the past two years. Last year we did the final 30 miles in pouring rain! Fingers are crossed for some good weather this year!

No comments: