Saturday, January 15, 2011

Marathon Training Begins/New Cycling Team

Tomorrow will cap off week 3 of 18 for marathon training. I'm following Hal Higdon's Intermediate training plan with the goal of a sub-4 hour time for this year's Long Island Marathon. Training is going well so far, though these first few weeks have been on the light side in terms of total mileage. Just trying to stay patient and let the buildup happen slowly.

Been using my new Garmin Forerunner 410 to track my runs and rides since Christmas. Its fun to look at the stats generated and very useful to get the routes and mileage tracked.

On the bike front, had a nice ride with Dan A. and a few of the MBC group on route 9W this morning. Nice route and will be even better once the weather gets better...and I get into better fitness! Renewed my racing license last week and decided to race in the Mineola Bike Club colors this year. No problems with EECT but MBC is closer for me and I've ended up riding with them more often over the past 12 months. Picked up my jersey today, getting excited to do some racing again.

No comments: