Sunday, December 09, 2007

Bethpage Bike Path

Two rides this weekend, both on the Bethpage bike path.

Saturday, was a solo ride. A late start, 9:00AM, just down the Bethpage bike path to Bethpage State Park and back (20 miles). I looked around in the parking lot at the Bethpage Park end of the path for some sign of the MTB trails that Mike and Bob have been riding the past couple of weekends but there was nothing clearly marked. There was a threat of rain Saturday morning but it was clear by the time I was riding. Took the Trek for this one since the path can be crowded and rough in some spots, so I wanted to ride just platform pedals and the 27x1-1/4 tires. Not as many joggers as I had feared.

Mike and I agreed to meet at Brands Sunday morning at 8:00AM. Again we headed to Bethpage Park. After turning back, we both felt like adding some miles so we left the path at Central Ave. and went up Round Swamp Rd. to Rt. 25 and back. Then we jumped back on to the path where we left off. A nice 35 mile ride. On Sunday's ride, Mike described the MTB trails that he and Bob had been riding. Sounds fun so I may try to borrow Ed's MTB for next weekend.

No comments: