Monday, November 20, 2006

On the Road Again

Did my first post-crash road ride on Sunday, 50 miles out-and-back down Round Swamp Rd., LIE service road, and West Hills. I had also planned to ride Saturday but I unexpectedly got stuck working for most of the day. Ride was good. A little windy going out but turned into a partial tailwind on the return leg. I think I’m feeling up to an Early Bird ride next weekend. Brought the camera for a ride photo but, once again, discovered that the battery was dead when I went to take a picture.

This morning I took the Trek out for the first time since I crashed with it. I notice some shifting problems and upon closer inspection see that the rear derailleur is scratched up. I guess something got bent out of alignment, will have to try and fix it this weekend. Luckily, it’s still rideable.

No comments: